Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|“||- What is that monster blocking the front door?
- It's a dragon. It followed me home.....Can I keep it?
To tame a creature to accept you as master requires patience, nerve, and willpower. The rewards of studying Animal Taming are considered by many to be well worth the investment of time. Tamers are considered one of the most-useful and versatile classes in fighting monsters and beasts, and to a much lesser extent, players.
A players skill in Animal Taming (along with their skill level in Animal Lore) will determine the chances of taming a given creature and controlling it. In addition, a high Animal Lore skill will reduce the minimum skill required to tame.
At 100 Animal Taming, you will get 2 extra stable slots.
Usage[edit | edit source]
In order to tame a creature or beast, you must (a) have the proper skill level required in order to tame the beast/creature and (b) must be standing near the target.
Although the majority of creatures and animals throughout the world are non-hostile and can be tamed at will, more dangerous creatures are more difficult to tame. There is a higher chance that the player will fail at their attempt to tame the beast or monster and enrage the beast. In the event that a beast becomes enraged, the player will have to wait several seconds and re-attempt taming the creature.
Training[edit | edit source]
Below is a brief guide outlining where to tame various creatures and beasts throughout the world, and the appropriate skill level required to attempt to tame the creatures.
Active[edit | edit source]
- 0-30: purchase from Skill Trainer
- 30-40: Chicken (farm by Cove)
- 40-50: Dogs in Ocllo, Dire Wolf Pup
- 50-60: Baby Dragons (Whelplings) in Southern Hills, East Valusia, north of Steel Coast near the Lich Ruins (these also make good first adventuring pets for when you're sick of taming monsters)
- 60-70: Grizzly Bear, Giant Spider, Dread Spider, Noxious Beetle, Vile Sewer Viper
- 70-80: Scorpion, Swamp Wyvern, Viper, Hell Hound Pup, Nightmare
- 75-85: Warg, Dire Bear, Noxious Giant Beetle
- 80-90: Emperor Scorpion, Dire Wolf, Drake, Wyvern, Hell Hound
- 90-95: Vicious Bat, Cave Wyvern, Noxious Titan Beetle, Whitetails, Drake
- 95-100: Cu Sidhe, Ophidian Scout, Royal Guard Viper, Dragon
Selling Pets[edit | edit source]
To create a deed for a pet to sell it to another player (such as on a player vendor), go to a Stable Master NPC and right-click them, select Cache Pet and select the pet you wish to deed.