Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Camping skill is useful for characters exploring the vast wilderness of the world, and is particularly useful in Groups.
Hearths which are crafted and also exist in the world inside towns, will now grant Roaring Campfire benefits, however they are placed objects on plots.
Building a Basic Campfire[edit | edit source]
This basic campfire provides no character benefits, but you can Cook on it with a Cooking Pot.
Once any campfire or campsite is built in the world, any player can interact with it.
Building a Roaring Campfire[edit | edit source]
After the Basic Campfire is built, right-click and select Camp or simply double-click the Basic Campfire to attempt to build a Roaring Campfire.
The Camp ability requires Wooden Logs to create the Roaring Campfire, and will automatically pull from your backpack if you have available Wooden Logs.
If you succeed at building the Roaring Campfire, the coals of the Basic Campfire will turn Red, indicating that you are about to finish building a Roaring Campfire.
- Roaring Campfires allow any player in range to rest fully, regenerating Health, Mana, and Stamina.
- Regeneration rates are based upon the player's Camping skill near the Roaring Campfire (Camping Skill/100).
- Camping skill of 75 or greater unlocks Campfire Mastery, which adds a Flat Bonus Regeneration Rate of .5x normal speed to the Regeneration Rate equation.
- Therefore, a GM Camper would have a maximum of 1.5x normal speed Regeneration Rate (Camping Skill/100 + Campfire Mastery Bonus = 1.5x normal speed).
- Players can also Cook without a Cooking Pot at a Roaring Campfire.
- Any player can Camp.
Building a Secure Campsite[edit | edit source]
After the Roaring Campfire is built, right-click and select Secure Campsite to attempt to build a Secure Campsite.
The Secure Campsite ability requires Wooden Logs to create the Secure Campsite, and will automatically pull from your backpack if you have available Wooden Logs.
If you succeed at building the Secure Campsite, you will see plumes of Black Smoke, indicating that you are about to finish building a Secure Campsite.
- Secure Campsites have all the same benefits of the Roaring Campfire, but also introduce the Pitch Tent ability.
- Pitch Tent requires both Logs and Cloth to fashion a Tent and are automatically pulled from the backpack if they are available.
- Only 1 Tent can be fashioned per Secure Campsite, and Tents will only last 5 minutes before they crumble with no extension ability.
- All Tent versions provide Instant Logout when using the Rest ability, and will clearly state "You are now safe to fall asleep" for instant logging.
- Once a Basic Tent is built, the Fortify ability allows players to upgrade their existing Tent to the next Tier, which requires both Logs and Cloth to Fortify.
- The Basic Tent has no Camping skill requirement and will provide Campfire Protection Bonus of +5 Stats when using the Rest ability.
- The Tier 2 Tent requires 75 Camping and will provide Campfire Protection Bonus of +10 Stats when using the Rest ability.
- The Tier 3 Tent requires 100 Camping and will provide Campfire Protection Bonus of +20 Stats when using the Rest ability.
- Any player can Pitch Tent and any player can Rest in a Tent.
Tending Campfires[edit | edit source]
All Campfires burn out after about 5 minutes of not tending, however if you want to extend the life of your campfire, you have a few resource options:
- Add Kindling will extend your campfire somewhat, adding approximately 5 more minutes to the life of the blaze.
- Add Logs will extend your campfire greatly, adding approximately 10 more minutes to the life of the blaze.
- Properly tending and extending the life of campfires will help make a difference in extended group battles.
- Any player can tend campfires.
Destroying Campfires and Campsites[edit | edit source]
Put Out will cancel the building of the Basic Campfire and allow you to move freely. Useful when enemies approach.
There will also be times when a player does not want to share Campfire benefits, and Destroy Campsite will completely remove everything at Camp.
Any player can extinguish campfires and campsites.
Cooking[edit | edit source]
Players can right-click and select Cook or simply double-click the Campfire to start Cooking.
Any player can Cook at camp.
(Note: Currently there are no Bonuses for Cooking at Camp, but this will change in the expansion).
Camping Tutorial[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]