We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
|“||A wise warrior fights with both weapon and intellect. An even wiser warrior fights with a shield as well.||„|
General[edit | edit source]
In typical usage, an individual must equip a shield in order to parry attacks. If a parry attempt is unsuccessful, no damage will be mitigated and instead the individual will receive full damage.
Parry Mechanics[edit | edit source]
AR only applies when wearing the shield. Shields listed are of the non-magical variety (use the formula below to determine the display-AR for other shields).
- Displayed AR = ((Parrying Skill * Base AR of Shield) ÷ 200) + 1
% Parry Success = (Parry / 2) %
- If you do not parry the blow, the damage goes through as normal.
- If you are successful, your shield will absorb some of the damage thus reducing the attacker’s blow.
The amount of damage subtracted depends on the type of shield you are using. A shield will absorb an amount of damage equal to half the base AR of the shield for melee damage, and the full base AR for missile damage.
- Damage reduced for melee attacks = (Base AR) /2
- Damage reduced for missile attacks = Base AR