By playing on the Legends of Ultima (LoU) server and/or using the official discord you are agreeing to abide by the rules. Breaking these rules will have consequences and may lead to you being permanently banned from the server.
You are personally responsible for the actions that happen on your account, even if someone else is using it. The LoU staff will never ask for your account password, and you should not share it with anyone.
The rules can and will change. You are responsible for keeping yourself up to date on the current rules at all times.
Bans can be disputed by contacting the LOU Admins by email at [email protected] All incidents are handled case-by-case, and disputing does not guarantee reversal or even a response.
The rules exist to ensure a fun experience without griefing behavior that can ruin the gameplay experience for the community. Obey the spirit of the rules and ask staff before you do something if you are unsure if it’s within bounds.
- Exploiting bugs, glitches or otherwise unintended behaviour is not allowed. Please report all bugs: http://gitlab.com/legendsofultima/feedback
- Unattended macroing is allowed, but unattended resource gathering is not.
- Placing a house (or fencing in areas) in a protected zone or in a position that blocks users from accessing any landmasses, areas designated as No Housing, towns, dungeon entrances and general access to any area is not allowed. Placing a house in another guild's territory is prohibited.
- Locked player houses are meant to be secure areas. Looting items from locked houses is not allowed. Killing a player in a house is currently allowed, but frowned upon.
- Unattended and/or automated house placement while camping IDOC's is not allowed.
- Using multiple clients with or without automation at same time (i.e. multiboxing) for PvP combat is not allowed. Using multiple accounts or ghosts as spycams is not allowed.
- Res-killing or repeatedly killing defenseless players is not allowed. Newly resurrected players are valid targets if they attempt hostile actions such as reentering areas with active PvP, trying to recover their weapons, stealing loot or otherwise engaging with other players.
- Young status is intended to provide new players with a limited time to experience the world without the threat of PVP. Killing, harassing, or otherwise causing harm to players with Young status is not allowed.
- Young status players are not allowed to exploit their status to obtain an in-game advantage for themselves or others. Impersonating a young player is not allowed.
Communication and Player Conduct
LoU aims for a thriving inclusive community without toxicity and it is by that standard the rules will be enforced. These rules apply both to in-game chat and to the official discord channels.
- Hate speech or speech that is otherwise harassing, homophobic, threatening, racist or about real life illegal activities is not allowed.
- Guilds, groups and player gatherings are not allowed to be based on hateful rhetoric, violent ideologies or any other offensive premise.
- The in-game worldchat is not for heated arguments. PvP discussions belong in the pvp-shit-talk discord channel.
- Spreading the real life world information on any player or staff member (doxxing) is strictly prohibited, regardless if it takes place outside of the game and official discord.
- Advertising, promoting or soliciting any form of service or product is not allowed with the exception of in-game LoU services and items such as player vendors. This includes advertising other games or servers.
- Selling or trading ingame items or services for real world currency, items or services is not allowed.
- Impersonating Legends of Ultima or Legends of Aria staff either in-game, in discord or elsewhere is not allowed.
- Modifying files, DLL injections, intercepting packets or hacking is not allowed.
- Any actions that violate laws are prohibited on Legends of Ultima. LoU will cooperate fully with legal authorities.
- The actions of staff including discord moderators are not to be discussed in public channels. Take this up directly with them or one of the other moderators through DM on discord.
The naming guideline apply to all things that can be named in-game including characters, pets, guilds, items etc.
- Names that are sexually explicit, homophobic, racist, in reference to illegal activities or otherwise offensive are not allowed. This includes references to historical events, organizations and conspiracy theories.
- Do not use your name as a method of promoting a product, politics, religion, or in general to market some form of message. Do not name yourself after real-life political or religious figures. If you are unsure, pick a different name or risk being renamed.
- Any name that through some creative misspelling, combination of words, slang or phonetic spelling tries to violate the previous two rules will not be tolerated.